zondag 26 februari 2012

Alterd Book - "boek aanpassen"

There are a lot of great blogs to follow and I do follow a lot them. Most of them are in my favourites list so I don't get to much mail ;). One blog I'm following is the blog of Elizabeth and Bleubeard. And she is publishing a great tutorial on altered books. Which I'm joining so here are the preparations for the second lesson.

Er zijn een heleboel geweldige blogs om te volgen en ik volg er een groot aantal. De meeste staan in mijn favouritenlijst zodat ik niet al te veel mail krijg. Een van de blogs die ik volg is the blog van Elizabeth and Bleubeard. Zij publiceert nu een geweldig leuke turorial, namelijk hoe je een boek kan "alteren" (Ik kan echt geen goede vertaling bedenken). Ik volg de turorial dus hier zijn de voorbereiding van les 2:

I use an old dictionary, I have torn out one third of the pages and already applied gesso on 2 pages.
Ik gebruik een oud woordenboek, eenderde van de pagina's zijn verwijderd en ik heb al twee paginas voorzien van Gesso.
Close up, it's really easy to see where I've torn out the pages.
Close-up; Je kan goed zien waar ik de pagina's verwijderd heb.
Part of the tutorial is to use what you have and don't go and buy stuff, but I didn't have a choise. I didn't have any Gesso, Gel medium and foambrusches. But than standing in the artsupply shop... oh like a kid in a candystore. I did restrain myself and didn't buy anything else. Well that's not entirely true, Elizabeth ducted to put all the Alterd Book stuff (like the book, torn out pages, images etc you want to use) in a box, I didn't have that either so I went to Ikea. Yay :)
Hoewel het niet de bedoeling was dat je dingen ging kopen, moest ik wel want ik had geen Gesso, Gel medium en foam kwasten in huis. Maarja dan sta je bij Deva.....maar ik heb me ingehouden dit keer en niets anders gekocht. Nouja dat is niet helemaal waar want Elizabeth stelde voor om alles van je Altered book (je boek, de verwijderde pagina's en alles wat je verder wilt gebruikten) in 1 doos te stoppen. Die ik dus niet had, daarom maar even naar de Ikea gereden, Joepie:)

The shelf used to be my messy shelf, I had to do some seriously cleaning and cleaning-up before it looked like this.
Dit stukje kast was in gebruik als "rotzooi" vak, waar ik alles wat ik ooit nog moetst opruimen weg kon leggen. Maar na een halve dag uitzoek werk ziet het er toch wel erg netjes uit, al zeg ik het zelf.

3 opmerkingen:

tinajo zei

Art supply stores are awesome - I LOOOOVE going there! :-)

Angenita zei

Bedankt voor je bezoekje aan mijn blog. We zullen elkaar wel vaker gaan tegenkomen, ik ga ook een boek alteren via Elizabeth.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment zei

Looking good so far.

Hope your tulips and garden plans go well. Spring and autumn are wonderful times to work in the garden.